I'm a designer, but I'd be just as happy to be labeled an artist, a builder, a maker. I specialize in logo, brand and identity; web and mobile applications; user interface, experience and interaction; website design & development; print, stationery, packaging; art direction. I also have my own self-initiated projects from time to time.
I'm is equally comfortable discussing color theory, user psychology, or the semantic implications of the DIV tag. I'm is excited about the endless potential of the web, apps and gadgets.
My portfolio isn’t a series of beautiful, generic templates — it’s a collection of stories that I can discuss with enthusiasm, and regret… because I'm is always getting better at what I do and never satisfied with “good enough.”
I had an opportunity to work with many great companies and master my skills in print, digital publishing, typography, photography, video, web design, web development, user experience, and interaction design.
In '07 – '08 I worked as a freelance photographer and designer for Standerd and Wake magazines. In 2008 I established Dejavu Design, Inc. In '08 – '09 I joined non-profit Academy Publishing where I designed sponsorship ads for school newsletters around the country.
In 2009 I joined a startup hip-hop magazine G.O.A.T. where I designed, illustrated and photographed.
In 2012, I teamed-up with creative design firm, Ruxly. I was responsible for branding, website design and development, mobile applications design, user experience and interaction design. Together we worked with some amazing clients such as Starwood, Columbia University, Bacardi, Windsor, Harbor House, 23&me. We also founded a cancer social-network & resource-hub — Know Cancer later that year.
Since mid-2012, I played an active role in Downtown Credo as a Creative and Marketing Director.
In 2013, I joined a startup. SightPlan is an enterprise software for building and managing apartment communities. I handled branding, mobile and web applications design, iconography, illustrations and marketing.
With an approachable outgoing personality and good communication skills, I established a lot of great relationships around the globe, working with individuals from United States, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas and China.
Skills & Qualifications
My core responsibility will be in combining my knowledge and expertise with the goals of your business to deliver a world-class user experience to your users. I'm comfortable taking a data-led approach to design. I will be a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment.
- BA in graphic design and fine arts.
- BA in Business administration, management and operations.
- Stanford's d.School, d.Leadership design thinking course.
- Over five years of experience owning the UI/UX/OOUX design of premium digital product experiences within fast paced and dynamic organizations.
- Creative direction.
- Company and product branding, visual identity and marketing strategies.
- Deep experience defining interfaces optimized for a cross device ecosystem with their unique screen resolutions, form factors and interaction paradigms.
- Data analysis and data-driven decision making.
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes.
- Experience with handling and tracking iterative design prototypes for reviews and testing.
- Ability to create user interface prototypes and GUI.
- Understanding of OEM interface guidelines and app frameworks.
- Icon design.
- Analog and digital photography, camera operation, lightning setup, post-production and editing.
- Knowledge of digital video technologies and advertising solutions.
- Ability to produce high quality digital and analog illustrations.
- Great knowledge of color usage, typography systems, fonts, branding guidelines and equity.
- Experience with designing interactive voice respose systems.
- Agile methodology and product development.